Communicating with the SAM (Social Adoption Mechanism) is not about reaching as many individuals as you can = the only law in the media landscape I know.
Lessons from social psychology show us how we can efficiently communicate with the SAM by incorporating some subtle rules.
When you want to talk to your innovators
- identifying and localising your innovators = your innovator channel
- don’t invade their private space … show respect and be honest about who you are
- let your expert people bring the message … they speak the same language (get your marketing boys/girls outta there!)
- the message is expert level … focus on technical details, authenticity, …
- they like passion about the product and expertise … show some
- don’t pamper or reward them … this is what they choose to talk about
- listen to feedback on your message
- use snowball sampling to reach more innovators of your category